Monday, April 11, 2011

My Many Colored Days






This particular week we also read an adorable Dr. Seuss book called "My Many Colored Days". It's not very well known because it was published after he died and wasn't illustrated by him (at his request). It talks about emotions and how they change from day to day and he relates them to colors (ie. on my yellow days I feel like a busy bee and my brown days I feel low low down). We talked about this concept and then the kids each talked about how they were feeling that day and how it could be depicted using a color and an animal. Then they dictated their responses to me and then drew a picture using their color with oil pastels.



We did some color mixing for our colors theme at the end of March. You can't really tell in this picture but we made Green, Orange, and Purple by mixing playdoh together. Before we mixed them, the children recorded their starting colors and their prediction of what color they thought it would make and then they recorded the actual color they created.

No comments:

Post a Comment